A sampling of our recent closings.
Dominion Mini Storage
- Solid Opportunity to Increase Returns Through Raising Rental Rates to Market Averages
- Potential for Expansion
- Substantial Investment Upside
- Well-Maintained Facility
- Outstanding Traffic on Main Thoroughfare Location
- High Surrounding Demographics and Residential Density
Dominion Mini Storage is located at 8610 Midlothian Turnpike in Richmond, Virginia. Built in 1978, the facility consists of 28,375-net-rentable square feet of self storage and approximately 1,000 square feet of rented office space among five office suites. The facility’s overall physical occupancy was 80 percent at the time of sale. All self-storage lockers are standard, non-climate-controlled, and there are a limited number of parking spaces available for rent. The property sits on approximately 2.13 acres.
- Potential Expansion Opportunity of Approximately 22,500-Net-Rentable Square Feet
- Facility Maintains High Physical Occupancy
- Opportunity to Increase Returns Through Increased Rental Rates
- Institutional-Quality Asset Located Along Florida’s Atlantic Coastline
- Port St. Lucie is Ranked Number 14 Among 18 Metros Expected to See the Most Economic Growth in 2016
- Port St. Lucie’s Pricing Volatility is 11 Percent Higher Than the National Average
Storage West is located at 525 SW South Macedo Boulevard in Port St. Lucie, Florida, and features excellent accessibility and demographics. The property is only 0.4 miles east of the Florida Turnpike and has clear visibility from Port St. Lucie West Boulevard, benefiting from over 60,000 vehicles per day combined from both roads. The property is in St. Lucie County, located along Florida’s Atlantic coastline. The city has almost doubled in population since 2000.
Storage Station Portfolio
- Five-Property Portfolio Totaling Over 232,836-Net-Rentable Square Feet Located in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1,642 Units Across 53 Buildings
- Portfolio Physical Occupancy Rate of 93 Percent
- All Facilities are less than 10 Minutes from One Another and less than One Mile from the Closest Highway
The portfolio is comprised of five quality self-storage assets in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the second-largest city in Oklahoma. All properties are located less than ten miles from one another with highway access less than one mile from each location. The portfolio has 53 buildings and 232,836-net-rentable square feet across 112 climate-controlled units, 1,642 non-climate-controlled units and 122 parking spaces. With historical occupancy continuously above 90 percent, the portfolio provided a significant, stable presence in a southwest secondary market.
Gulf Self-Storage Portfolio
- Five-Property Portfolio Totaling Over 387,500-Net-Rentable Square Feet Located Along the Gulf of Mexico
- Cash-Flowing Investment with the Opportunity to Increase Returns
- Substantial Upside Potential in Economic Occupancy
- Properties Have Good Visibility with Solid Demographics
The portfolio is located along the Gulf of Mexico with sites located in Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi. The portfolio contains 387,588-net-rentable square feet with 2,725 units total. The buildings are composed of a mixture of concrete and metal. They all have wide aisles for easy access, roll-up doors and are fully fenced and gated for added security. Each property is located within areas with solid demographics and is highly visible from roads with high traffic counts.
New York and Connecticut Self-Storage Portfolio
- High Barrier-to-Entry Markets
- Well-Maintained Facilities
- Two-Property Portfolio Totaling 2,000 Units
- Potential for Expansion at New York Facility
The portfolio locations are located approximately 50 miles from each other; both facilities are located just off Interstate 95. The population within a five-mile radius of the Connecticut facility is 262,643 and 134,239 people live within a five-mile radius of the New York facility. The New York location experiences the added benefit of having a median household income of $98,335, which is nearly double the national average.
Combined, the two facilities consist of 2,000 units. Each facility offers a wide range of storage unit sizes that are climate‐controlled and housed in multi‐story buildings. The premises are constantly monitored by video surveillance with alarmed units to ensure safe storage.
Budget Self Storage
- Opportunity to Increase Returns Through Raising Rental Rates
- Untapped Revenue Streams Available to Increase Returns
- Facility Maintains High Physical and Economic Occupancies
- Clean, Well-Maintained Facility with 56,795-Net-Rentable Square Feet
- Located in an Exceptionally High-Growth Market
Budget Self Storage, a 56,795-square-foot self-storage facility, is located at 21639 Cascades Parkway in Sterling, Virginia, one of the most desirable storage markets in the United States and part of the populous D.C.-Maryland-Virginia-West Virginia Primary Metropolitan Statistical Area (PMSA). The property is situated in Loudoun County, widely recognized as one of the wealthiest in the country. The area boasts a median household income of $113,895 within a three-mile radius and $115,916 within a five-mile radius. Population growth surrounding the facility is forecasted to increase 15.2 percent over the next five years.
Atlanta MSA Self-Storage Portfolio
- Unrealized Upside in Recent Expansions
- Consistent Occupancy Growth Surpassing Lease Up Standards
- 1,773 Units Totaling 216,000-Net-Rentable Square Feet Across 15 Buildings
- Located in One of the Fastest-Growing MSAs
Located in the Atlanta MSA, the portfolio consists of three top-quality self-storage facilities. The facilities within the portfolio are located less than 60 miles apart with the Hamilton Mill and Loganville locations approximately 18 miles from one another. Each has excellent access from its nearest highway or interstate. This metro area is the most populous in Georgia at 6.1 million people and is the ninth-largest MSA in the United States.
Tampa MSA Self-Storage Portfolio
- Three Well-Maintained, Institutional-Quality Facilities
- High Portfolio Physical and Economic Occupancies
- High Portfolio Traffic Corridors
- Located in the Highly Desirable Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater MSA, the Third-Largest MSA in the Southeast United States
The three-part portfolio is comprised of institutional-quality self-storage assets located within the populous Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Metropolitan Statistical Area. The MSA is the third-largest in the Southeast United States and the second-most populous in Florida. The state boasts a strong tax environment for businesses because of its policies and competitive costs. The facilities feature both climate-controlled and non-climate-controlled self-storage units, ranging in size from 12 to 600 square feet over a total of 223,903-net-rentable square feet and 2,291 units. Each of the facilities is situated within relative proximity to one another.